View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
lukeoftheaura
Enthusiast
lukeoftheaura began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you mean doesn't show the books? They aren't in the device list? Or they aren't matching to books in the calibre library? Do they show in the library when using the device? Or are you using KSM and Koreader?

Now, you usually should forget about the metadata.calibre file. Calibre will maintain it as needed. The file is used by calibre to speed up the book matching. If you delete it, then calibre has to do more work the next time you connect the device. But, otherwise, ignore it.

The thread I pointed to has some details about how books on the device are matched to books in the library. If you sent a book to the device, eject the device and let it import the book, when you next connect, the book should be listed in the device list in calibre. And it should show as on the device in the calibre library.

To find books on the device calibre, or, more specifically, the KoboTouch driver, uses the database on the device. If the book hasn't been imported by the device, then the book isn't considered to be on the device. If something goes wrong with the import, the book won't be seen on the next connection. And the same goes if you bypass the Kobo software and use KoReader or something else.
I'm using KSM and koreader, the books aren't showing as being on the device in calibre. I can go into nickel just to transfer books but it's a bit of a pain to do. Is there a way to have calibre read/write to a file from calibre or plato or something instead of the nickel database?

Last edited by lukeoftheaura; 05-19-2018 at 03:54 PM.
lukeoftheaura is offline   Reply With Quote