View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 01:29 AM   #1552
codetrick
codetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five wordscodetrick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, thanks for the software! It is certainly the best reflow tool I've tried.

I do, however, have some issue getting it to work on a text with lots of underlines. It is rather uncommon to have underlines for books in English, but this is a book in classical Chinese, for which it is common practice to use underlines (both straight and curvy) to mark names and places. Please see the attached pdf as an example. (Please note that the text flows from top to bottom and from right to left.)

For such a document I ran k2pdfopt with the following options:

./k2pdfopt -rt 90 -ds 0.5 -ws 0 -sm

As you can see in the second pdf, the underlines are recognized as words on their separate lines. I tried to play with the options -gtw, -gtr, -rsf to see if I could trick the program into believing those underlines are part of the words, to no avail. I also tried to use -ehl to remove the lines, but for some reason it didn't work for me either.

I would like to have your thought on this, thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chinese_text.pdf (40.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: pdf chinese_text_marked.pdf (142.1 KB, 29 views)
codetrick is offline   Reply With Quote