View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #63
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
And to keep all you readers sitting on the edge of a chair (or throne), here is half the afterword from Red.

Afterword by Red - Red's Office.

I'm busy shootin' FDR, as usual when Mindy comes in, waving her liseuse.

"Red, I've got some bad news."

"Another client check bounced?"

"Worse than that. Your favorite client is two-timing you."

"Now Mindy, I never hog-tie a lady. If Her Majesty wants to date around, that's her business."

"Who's talking about dating? She hired another P.I.!"

That got me bolt upright. Money's a serious matter, especially after all the paperwork I'd done for the kingdom.

"What's the lowdown?"

"She hired Rock Lobster down the hall."

"That refugee from a shoplifting line-up? JC and the Boys! I knew they were havin' problems in the Euro zone, but I didn't think Pinwheel was that hard up. Where's the scoop?"

"Here, read it for yourself." Mindy handed me the liseuse.

I grabbed the liseuse and started perusing...

The first chapter got my blood boilin'. I'd seen Her Majesty slink down the hall incognito a few days ago, but I figgered if she needed me, she'd ask. I don't crowd clients, especially ones obviously undercover. Blowin' up all the evidence, my eye! I hadn't blown up anything. The bad guys had done all the blowin' up. I had just arranged it so their feet had been tied to their detenators, so to speak.

Noisy pistol? A .22 with a silencer shootin' BB Caps, heard through 4 walls? Glass to the wall? Rocky must have a Big Ear taped to the wall to hear my shootin' Besides, a guy slopin' down a rope all the time to avoid the landlord has a lot of room to complain about the neighbors.

Hmm....That got things bubbling in the the ol' pea brain. Rocky had been here only for a couple of years. I wonder if he'd been planted there by Ralph von Wau Wau just before the Coprolite caper. The timing was right. Have to ask VR about it. Maybe he knew about the Big Ear setup then, and that was why he insisted on goin' outside...And the money ran out when Ralph did, leavin' Rocky trying to make ends meet the hard way....

I got on the intercom.

"Mindy, see of you can schedule a meeting with VR. It's just a social meetin'. Second, contact Detective Sledge Hammer at the LAPD and see if he'll sell the plan or a copy of his loudinator to me. Finally, get some bids to double soundproof the wall facing Rocky's office with white noise generators on the outside of the soundproofin'."

"Right, Boss."

I got back to the e-book...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote