View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #15
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I bought a Galaxy Tab A 10" for $250 about a year ago. It's cheaper than that without the S Pen but I wanted something for drawing.

Then I began seeing reviews of Procreate on the Ipad and it's not available on Android so I paid $330 plus $100 for the Ipad Pencil. As it turns out I like Procreate about as much as I like the drawing app I use on Android. So they're really about equal.

The pixel density on the Ipad is higher but on that small a screen I can rarely tell the difference in use. I can find ways to compare them and highlight the difference but they have no real effect on anything I do. The speakers are better on the Ipad but not much better. Both are excellent.

There are a number of small issues with the Ipad for me. I used the podcast app it came with to download a podcast and now it just starts playing all by itself a few times a week. I've removed the podcast. That didn't help. I removed the app. That didn't help. I've learned to live with it.

I find the S Pen slightly more comfortable than the Ipad pencil but there's not much difference. On the other hand the Bluetooth connection on the Ipad Pencil constantly has to be repaired. I don't have any issue of that kind with the S Pen. Nor do I have to remember to charge the S Pen

I don't use either of these for reading books but I do read a comic book on them both from time to time. The aspect ratio is a bit better for comics on the Ipad but far better for videos on the Samsung.

Also I have a 128 gig micro SD card in the Samsung which at that time cost about $35. it's $20 today. The Ipad has 32 gig. That's enough if I'm careful but I wish I'd paid $100 more for the 128 gig model so I wouldn't have to be so careful.

In short the two tablets are very close to being equal for my purposes and the Ipad and the Pencil cost nearly twice as much. I can't really say I'm sorry I got it but I would have been happier if I'd gotten a second Samsung.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote