View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I do some reading on my phone, a Samsung with an AMOLED screen. My previous phone had an LCD screen the same size and resolution. My eyes are a bit sensitive so I'm limited in how long I can read without a break on either one of these but I can read longer on the AMOLED screen.

The LCD screen limits me to about 15 or 20 minutes. Then I can take a minute or two break and read another 15 or 20 minutes. If I go longer than that without a break my eyes start watering and I'm soon unable to read for a few hours.

With the AMOLED screen the same thing happens but I can manage about 25 to 30 minutes without a break.

Another benefit of AMOLED is that the blacks are darker so the contrast is a bit better. This doesn't affect me a lot but it makes reading a bit nicer. The real difference, I think, is that AMOLED doesn't have a backlight.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote