View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon's ignoring of line-height to reduce the line height is just wrong. It makes some eBooks look awful when you get a large first letter. Some books do this not only at the first paragraph, but at the first paragraph after a section break.
This was an EPUB3 thread, in the EPUB forum. I felt quite confident ignoring any possible Kindlebook quirks, with regard to the specs. In my EPUB readers, the line-height trick works for me with raised caps and (sub|super)scripts. But maybe that's because I don't typically use many different fonts (and only use a 3-4em font-size for raised-caps). If the spacing is still different after that, then it's too subtle for my eyes to care about. But regardless ... I see now that pdurrant's wishes were to not have to diddle the line-height attribute when dealing with (sub|super)scripts in the first place.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote