View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Here in Europe contracts and "free" phones work a little bit differently than in USA where, IMHO, providers are more aggressive in the lock-in.
Last time I bought such phone on contract for my daughter, I have inserted a pre-paid, very cheap SIM from competing provider and the phone just worked. And my wife (who signed the extension of the contract) continued to use her old clunker with her old provider.
There is no doubt differences. Here in the USA the phone is usually locked in to the provider - I believe even the pre-paid phones. So it seems a lot better in Europe, but the lockin still applies to the contract itself even if the phone is free and clear. The most freedom you would have with unlocked no-contract phones - no strings attached at all.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote