View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
First, different languages have different typographic convetions/traditions, so even though it may be usual to add a space before an ellipsis in English, it is most often wrong in Spanish, for instance.

In English ePubs, I tend to put a normal space before and after an ellipsis, when it is in the middle of a sentence (and by the way, I don't use … most of the time), and a   at the end:

Code:
She would not sleep, she thought; she could last until tomorrow night. . . . The train wheels clicked in accented rhythm.

"But . . ." said Taggart, "but . . . but nobody's ever used it before!"
(in red, the actual ellipsis: . . .)

I don't think it's so wrong to break the line before an ellipsis in the middle of a sentence.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote