View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #121
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Hi!
A quick feedback, please - is the party banner too big/flashy/...? It will be gone in 2-3 days, but I don't want to annoy with it, just to have some fun.

Thanks!
The concern your banner raises for me is what if everyone did it? Imagine if every author decided to make a flashing, banner-sized ad and placed it in their signature in hopes of selling more books. Maybe they can say it would only be for a few days as well. I believe if that occurred, people would be flocking to the Options section to uncheck "Show Signatures."

Is it fair to tell them that some people are allowed to put up such a banner, but they can't?
While I don't want to rain on anyone's fun, I do believe in being consistent.

Update: After further consideration, never mind. If you want to have a flashing banner, go for it. It's just that you asked for a quick feedback, and that was my initial thought. As it turns out, it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

Last edited by jinlo; 12-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote