View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
paperrhino
paperrhino began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thank you for your reply. I'm not certain I fully understand what you are asking me to do.

I've looked at calibre-portable.sh and I see where it creates a conf file and in there I see where it sets the CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH which looks a lot like what I'm already doing.

My share is a cifs mounted share so I don't think it has a uuid beyond the //machine/dir path.

And I don't understand how that would help. I wanted to have my books stored in one directory and my metadata.db stored in another. The problem wasn't that calibredb couldn't find the books library folder, it was that it was ignoring the CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH environment variable.

In any case, I determined the big problem with having the library on a network share is trying to run multiple instances of Calibre on the same library. Since I'm only ever going to have this one server putting the library on a network share has minimal risk of corruption for me. So I'm just using the default location for metadata.db for now and it is working just fine.

Now, as I purchase eBooks I can drop them into a toadd folder and a cron job will automatically add them to the Calibre library. Then I can browse and download books through the web or apps like Calibre Companion.

Thanks again for the help.
paperrhino is offline   Reply With Quote