Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #294
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The problem with these "user-friendly" approaches is that in order for the user to execute them, they will already need to have a modified device. In other words: we will never get completely pristine images using such methods.

Anyway, I guess that at least having something is better than not having anything at all, so I quickly wrote something user-friendly. It's not beautiful, and the code is quick and dirty, but it works. Tested and working on 5.1.0 (note: the extractions may take quite some time, i.e., more than 10 minutes for the main partition).

Requirements:
Installation: unzip the attachment, then copy the .azw2 to the documents folder of the device, then run it. It will produce the following files on the device:
  • mmcblk0p1.img.gz : main partition image
  • mmcblk0p2.img.gz : diags partition image
  • main_kernel.img and diags_kernel.img: kernels

Again, I know that this is not the best solution, but maybe it will finally convince someone with 5.1.1 firmware to make those images available to us.
I didn't know you guys wanted an unmodded image. I look like that stupid guy standing in the background (I'm am the stupod guy standing in the background but still.). Oh well, live and learn . Well sorry about my rambling on and on about something that is just plain wrong. now I'll shut up.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote