View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchax View Post
...I am looking for a 'get started with linux' book or something that will start from the beginning and take me as far as I decide to go without a course.
Try searching YouTube for 'getting started with Linux' or something like that. I've seen plenty of videos like that, but I'm out of town with only a tablet and searching them is a pain.

The amount of distros and their differences can be overwhelming. That's why I recommend just installing Linux and getting your feet wet. I'm guessing you didn't read books about Windows or Android before trying either of them.

I'd recommend starting with Ubuntu because there's just so much support available for it. Once you feel comfortable with Ubuntu, you can try other distros.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote