View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
I still do a lot of outlining and almost all of my first drafts by hand.

It is definitely "slower" but I find the words just tend to flow a lot more freely and, to me at least, the quality of the writing tends to be better.

I think there is something liberating about the simplicity of the process. I slip into "just write it mode" instead of trying to edit and write at the same time.

I tend to lots of quick little edits while typing into the PC.

And then I do almost all of my editing in pen--I print out the manuscript, mark up my changes (sometimes very specific corrections, sometimes a note to self that "this section is crap, fix it" or "elaborate here") and then go enter the corrections in the word processing file.
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote