View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
I do both. It depends on the situation. I don't have a fixed place to write. I have a small house, no study or office or even a desk or a desktop computer. I write anywhere and everywhere.

I type some chapter drafts in a word processor and I write some out longhand. When I use a pen, it's usually some nice thick gel-ink ballpoint. Whatever is at hand, I'm not picky. And when I type it, it's never word for word, not even close. The text gets extensively revised from page to word processor.

When I have a draft done I'll print it out single-spaced, two pages per sheet and carry it around in a binder for the first, structural edits. I'll cover the pages with notes in ink and translate it to the word processor. When that's gone through several iterations, I'll print out a single page per sheet, double-spaced to do finer editing, again slathering the pages with ink. Editing tends to flow better when ink is involved. I'll sometimes slog through screens alone on a laptop to revise a chapter, but it truly is a slog.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote