View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 07:06 AM   #3177
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The ring of Fire Series is Eric Flint's Creation. Davis Weber only coauthored 3 of them. I also like the collaboration of Eric Flint and David Drake on the Belisarius Series.
Apache
Yes, I am aware of that. I was saying that I liked the books in the series that Weber wrote. It's a flip of the usual Weber co-author job where Weber seems to provide the frame work rather than doing most of the writing, the Manticore Ascendant series for example he did with Timothy Zahn. Those books seem to me to have a lot more of Zahn's writing style than Weber's.

The Ring of Fire universe has a lot of authors, most co authored by Flint, writing in the universe. I'm not sure if Flint actually co-author's the books or if he simply edits them and makes sure they follow canon.

While I liked the Belisarius Series (just finished listening to the audio book of the first one last month, to tie it back to the thread), that series has the aspect of Flint that I find annoying, i.e. the bombastic character who steamrolls everyone, mocking and insulting them, never questioning that he alone is absolutely right in all things. Naturally, everyone in the book totally approves of him.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote