View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #3172
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
How much of that 30 hours is the recitation of statistics tables?

I remember one of the earlier Honorverse audio books I listened to was the only time I've ever wished I'd gotten the abridged version....
More than I'd like, less than some. Overall, fairly typical. Apparently, Mr. Weber never met an editor he couldn't overpower. If the book had been 20 hours instead of 30? I'd have given it 4 stars. If it hadn't had his typical overpowering and always succeeding (at great personal cost, of course) female protagonist, but rather a more balanced set of characters, it would have probably gotten 5 stars. But then, that would have meant someone else wrote it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote