View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 01:10 AM   #1273
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thank you DiapDealer and KevinH for updating KindleUnpack to 0.83 along with Sigil and Calibre plugins.

I like pdurrant's lovely drag & drop AppleScript very much, so I'm attempting to expand my experience with AppleScript applets and see if I can update it myself.

I downloaded KindleUnpack python scripts from KevinH's GitHub. I then opened the existing 0.81 AppleScript with "Show Package Contents" and copied all the files from KindleUnpack "lib" folder into the AppleScript's "Resources" folder, overwriting any pre-existing file with the same name. I then opened the AppleScript with Script Editor, navigated to Bundle Info and updated the Name and Short Version to 0.83. Then I compiled (hammer icon), ran the script (play icon), and saved everything.

Also, each file seems to exist as a .py and .pyc. The files I copied over from KindleUnpack GitHub folder were all .py, so the .pyc files were not overwritten, though after I saved the AppleScript the date modified on all the .pyc files changed to today's date. I have no idea what this means.

When I dragged an azw3 onto the finished AppleScript, it appeared to run properly and produced a folder with the unpacked Kindlebook. However, I don't really know what I'm doing here, so any feedback on whether I'm missing anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote