View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #201
Schnipps
Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
I’d be keen to hear your experiences of upgrading... I recently picked up a NOS Yotaphone 2, and am contemplating the upgrade but don’t want to brick the device.
I'm a bit rusty, but I've flashed custom firmware on all my devices and never bricked one so far. It's fairly straightforward: read all there is to know about the procedure on xda, make sure your phone is at least 80% charged, get adb working, download the right firmware & stick to the tutorial.

The latest official firmware I found is (Marshmallow 6.0.1 stable) RU1.1.47 linked in this thread, https://forum.xda-developers.com/yot...one-2-t3518062
Yota YD206 with RU firmware should also be flashed with the "hacked" hybrid chinese-russian baseband referenced here, https://forum.xda-developers.com/yot...hone2-t3547194
I suppose this is still valid after the 6.0.1 update, but I'm not sure.
All the tools needed are attached or linked. The phone wouldn't get OTA updates nowadays, so everything has do be done manually.

My device is a YD206 with EU firmware (1.1.124b) and chinese baseband (S01_003_3034_CN1_M05, might already be the hacked version, or one of its daddies).

I don't own this phone, so don't hold your breath, for now. Imports from Russia take 4-8 weeks, if & when I make up mind...

You might also want to download a fallback firmware from xda's Yotaphone 2 torrent, if you don't like the results of the update.
Schnipps is offline   Reply With Quote