View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #58
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
From my perspective, I don't use nickel at all. Everything works better in koreader.

About new file manager, it will happen. And, even if first version wouldn't support all features you maybe want, you can ask for what you want.

Biggest problem with what you propose is that it slows down importing new books (one of reasons I don't use nickel is long time I have to wait after sideloading books) and wears SD cards.

External SD cards aren't problem, you can always buy new one, but for many people if internal SD card gets broken, it usually means you need to buy new ebook reader.

I don't know if newer kobos will go with real ROM, but too much using internal SD card is a big problem in my opinion.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote