View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:42 AM   #12
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You still haven't explained how. Unless you already know what the numbers are "supposed" to be, how will seeing them (broken down or lumped together) speed things up?
Thank you for taking some interest in this question.

First, please have a look at all my regex (see above). I use them for each of my books, one after another after I exported to EPUB3 an odt file using the Sigil plugin ODTImport.

They are tuned to this specific workflow. I know beforehand that the book to be processed has, depending on the case, say about ten images, 100 endnotes, some tables, some superscript, some degrees, not to forget five or six regex for adding nnbsp everywhere according to French rules, one other regex is for stylesheet, and so on. So I know in advance which ones will yield a positive result, while for some others a zero can be correct. A look at the information line is enough to know if the regex has been processed. This is true for one regex.

When you have 15 regex, it just takes you 15 times more to perform this task. Is that complicated? A computer can process the whole group in no time because it's all about elementary computing, but for the reasons given above, unhappily I can't rely on the cumulative result and I miss a breakdown count.

Last edited by roger64; 03-19-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: miss
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote