View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
RTF files with wrong DOC extension - batch identify and rename?

Hello community,

I have a number of *.doc files but some of them are not really Word documents, but actually are RTF files with a wrong .doc extension.
If I open this kind of file in a plain text editor such as Notepad++ i can see the RTF syntax, so they are really RTF files.
Normally, if DOC files are associated in windows with a viewer that also supports RTF (most of them do) one wouldn't even't notice that the DOC file is not a doc file, but a RTF.
The problem is that in some circumstances such as with programs that use Microsoft's wordconv.exe utility (included with the "Office Compatibility Pack") to batch convert doc files to docx, the RTF files won't be converted and lead to errors/software freezeing depending on the software. The same applies with the doc-to-docx plugin in calibre.

In an older post (here) someone was mentioning that ther is a tool that is able to automatically scan for RTF files with wrong DOC extension and rename them.
Does anyone know about such tool?

Thank you.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote