Thread: New Paperwhite!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #437
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Play finds way too many programs with "screen dim" keywords, so I don't know without a Play link which one you mean. In my time I first used ScreenFilter ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor) and then Lux Auto Brightness (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vito.lux). It's not that long ago, because the PW1 is my first actual Kindle Device ever.

I have't used this rather new Note3 for reading. I tried only opening Kindle in order to see how it looks. Didn't try any dimmings at all. First sight was the same old straining. This has fullhd resolution and 5.7" screen, so ppi shouldnt be a problem. Big screen and phone class weight is a plus.

I dont think I bother to use my Nexus7 for reading tests, because I have the PW1. But if somebody abandons paper books when he/she can use regular mobile devices, then I think mission accomplished. My problem was already solved with the PW.
Here you go! This is the awesome app I am talking about. I use it on everything from watching movies, to reading to just looking at my devices. It saves battery life too!

Oh give your Nexus a try with this app and see if it works for you! You may want sometime to look at magazines or a pdf that the PW doesn't handle well. I highly recommend Mantano for reading epubs and pdf on your 7" tablet.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote