View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #14952
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just finished "False Scent" by Ngaio Marsh, the 21st book in the "Inspector Alleyn" series (which I've worked my way up to this point over the course of this last year). In this story, a famous by ageing actress, who has become intensely jealous of her younger rivals, is found dead at her own birthday party, apparently as the result of a mishap with very poisonous pesticide. But Alleyn has his suspicions that all is not as it appears to be...

Very much enjoyed this one. A good plot and interesting characters. I've found, over the course of the series, that those of Marsh's novels which are set in the world of the theatre (with which she had close personal connections) are often the best.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote