View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
k3 cute tea

Check me, if I have been following the results of the past couple of weeks of test building correctly:

Because building C++ requires C ...

We need a C/C++ compiler of recent enough vintage to support the language features required by a recent version of cute tea;

Yet for K3 compatibility reasons, we don't want it built against a glibc that provides anything more recent than symbol versions 2.6.
Even if that means back-porting qsort_r from a more recent glibc.

We need a libstdc++ as new as the above requirements can build.

Binutils isn't critical, so the newer the better.

And setting the goal bar as high as possible -
We want the above in both a x86 -> ARM and an ARM native builds.

- - - Gulp - - - Tall order - - - An old enough "C" library might not support a new enough "C" compiler.
But then, again, it might - - - just because none of the pre-built tool-chains support that combination does not mean it can't be done.

Then we want a version of cute tea with the frame buffer driver.

Plus the whole mess should be able to build a recent webkit browser.

But if I have the understanding correct as shown above, I will give it a try.

If I can't persuade ct-ng to do that for us, I can try the "old school" way of doing it all "by hand" (with the help of LFS (Linux From Scratch) references).

There is also a chance that I will just find another "catch 22" situation like I did when trying to update the emulator tool-chain.

PS: There is a 2012.08.1 "bug fix" release of Buildroot in the works to pick up a few "critical" things that fell throught the cracks getting 2012.08 out on time (some day, rsn).

Last edited by knc1; 09-04-2012 at 12:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote