View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #64
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Yes, the date settings can't be changed without wireless. I had contacted amazon about that since I had to reset the device and date was set back. This completely messed up with most recent view. I was moving houses so I couldn't connect to wifi to fix it. If you lost/closed amazon account you couldn't fix that since it has to sync with amazon for date settings. How crazy is that? I can set the time, but not date on my device? What's the point in having date settings imported from amazon only? I'd rather have date setting to modify instead of time.

On final note, this isn't a problem for me now. I am satisfied with amazon customer service, kindle too (would love better functionality, but it's no biggie). But you can't know the future and it might become a problem to any of us. Since there is no warning before closing account (is that too much to ask for not a serious breach of policy?). I wonder what other reasons can there be for banning. What if I don't use amazon account for 5 years, wouldn't it get closed or something? If I had it only for kindle and never bought books from amazon.
It makes you wonder what else you might do what is considered as abuse. Maybe even badmouthing amazon can get you banned. What if I suggested for amazon to warn people first before banning their accounts? Would they immediately tag me as a bad customer (also because I only bought 3 things so far - kindle and accessories - and the number might not increase). It's not like I bring them in much money . No big thing to lose me as a customer. (I actually thought that those who get their kindle replaced after warranty period maybe buy a lot of books on amazon, so it's in amazon's favor to give new kindle so you can buy in the future. Doubt they would replace my kindle if something happened after 1 year)

Maybe it's silly but I like knowing all the catches and all the * coming with the product. I hate it when it's so hidden.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote