View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemaximilian View Post
How can you do a text search without an input device? On the old Cybook this was possible with the stylus. (I have the wikepedia in prf format from beans on a 1g storage card and travel happily around with it. This will no longer be possible with the new cybook).
I am also doubtful about the efficacy of the look-up function for language dictionaries; the current dictionaries from mobipocket do usually not contain conjunctions and reflections but only the standard forms of the words which you are looking for. Since you have no stylus or other input device on the Gen3 you cannot do a manual search by trying out different endings or typing in similar words.
Peter
You have the buttons and it is not to hard to come up with schemes for input that will work. I have the 1G Wikipedia on my Palm so I really do not need encyclopedias on the Cybook but I really want to have a dictionary. And I think the problem you point out can be solved. You mark a word and you get a set of hits that you choose from. If you do not get a hit you erase letters from the end until you are happy with the set of word you got. And that should be easy to do with only buttons.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote