View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Okay... It's imported around 120 books so far, with no errors, so here it is... (you will have to pull the .txt off the end of the file)

I'm not responsible if this causes problems, so make sure you back up your existing library before using it. If you hit an error, I may or may not be able to fix it. It's currently set up for use on a mac. If you have a PC, you may have to change settings like the location of ruby. Either way, you need to make an amazon config file (on mac or linux, it's ~/.amazonrc) with your AWS account info, install ruby, install rubygems, and then install the fastercsv and ruby-aaws gems. You will also want to add a metadata field called "ASIN" to your calibre setup. From there, it can take a tab-delimited csv file (with headers) that has at least 'Binding' and 'ASIN'. I use the shelfari export csv, with no modifications to it.

If you want different functionality, I probably won't be willing to modify it myself, but you'll have the code, so you can either modify it yourself, or find someone to modify it for you.

It's an ugly script, and not commented... I know that. I probably won't be making many/any improvements to it, since it's doing what I need it for...

I guess the summary of the above is "I'm throwing this script over the wall and if you want it, you can make it work for what you need, but I'm not going to be heavily supporting it. If you get a specific error, you can try asking in this thread, and if I know immediately what's causing it, I'll try to help, but I'm not going to put lots of effort into making it better right now, since I've got other things on my plate these days."
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre-book-import.rb.txt (3.2 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by TuxGirl; 12-28-2011 at 04:40 PM.
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote