View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
who are you to judge me for being picky and refusing to support the uprising of stupid and worthless people in my innocent desire to fill a void that only the opposite can fill?
David, I don't mean to offend you. What you do in the privacy of your own home is between you and your own conscience, but it's really not a good idea to come onto a site like this and tell the whole world about it. Sorry, but we all enjoy reading good books; we don't all illegally download them to satisfy that enjoyment. Yes, in buying books you get the occasional "stinker", but that's the way it goes.

A lot of us here care passionately about eBooks and we all want them to be successful. The only way they are going to be successful is if we send a message to the publishers by buying them. Attitudes like yours just strengthen the message to publishers that the only way they can publish books is with DRM, or else people will steal them. If you want publishers to produce open-format books without DRM then PLEASE start buying them. Yes, you'll probably get the occasional book you don't enjoy that way, but you'll be sending a message to the publishers that if they publish their books electronically, you (and us) will buy them.

I don't often speak with my MobileRead Editor's "hat" on, but on this occasion I am doing. That's the message that we're trying to get across on MobileRead - that eBooks have a real future, and that people who read them are not all obtaining them illegally. When people come onto our site and start saying that they download all their books illegally and that they have no intention of ever buying an eBook legitimately it does us all a disservice and gives the entire community a bad name.

PLEASE reconsider your actions.

Quote:
I download e-books in PDF format
Quote:
Sony Reader here i come!
I see.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote