View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
rmzg
rmzg began at the beginning.

Device: Note5
Extremely slow book import into companion

The background:
I have relatively new phone (samsung note5) with the latest (paid) version of Calibre Companion installed.

I have a moderately large ebook library (7000+, epubs) stored in Calibre on a fast PC. The wifi connecting them is AC+ level meaning 200+mbits.

The short issue is that no matter what I try any type of 'book import' into the companion app is insanely slow.

At first I tried connecting the phone as a 'wireless device' and doing the transfer as a push from calibre. That mostly seemed to work as long as I didn't select more than a few hundred at a time to copy but it took on the order of 60+ minutes to transfer 200 books, which is pretty insane.

I gave up on that and manually copied the calibre folder from the PC to the phone via USB (took about 50 minutes total) and then selected that as a 'cloud server' via the connect menu and told it to download everything (because I have to redownload files already on the phone??)

It's currently running and according to its progress meter it's completing maybe one book per minute. This sucks. How do I make it faster?
rmzg is offline   Reply With Quote