View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #346
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
It seems like it might be relatively simple to add SLEEP and SHUTDOWN icons to the reading options navigation bar that pops up at the screen bottom when you press the screen center while reading. Or add them to the Sleep and Power section of the Settings menu and just take you to that screen when you press a single power icon on the reading options menu bar. That way you would also be able to access it from anywhere you hiave the Settings menu as an option.

I wouldn't be adverse to a more obvious low battery warning, but why not just display battery level at the bottom of the page where the page numbers show as you're reading? That'd be a pretty obvious place for one to notice it as they hit the page bottom. Simply changing the icon to something obvious or adding "BATTERY LOW!" would be great. If they could swing it, it'd be cool if they let the user set the warning level from the Sleep and Power section of the Settings menu since people decide to recharge at different levels based on usage, proximity to a charger within a given time period, and charging level beliefs. Personally, I tend to charge when between 20-40% because I'd rather a moderate than a full cycle especially as the cell ages. I know there is circuitry in a lithium battery to prevent discharging to a certain level, I just wonder if it's a fixed point or sophisticated enough to recognize the additional stress of deep discharge as the overall power capacity decreases with age. Rather safe than sorry.

I'd really like some sort of grayscale mapping compression option or a high contrast option on the browser.

It would also be great if they could get the page rendering engine to override CSS settings, etc. in favor of menu settings for text size, margins, etc. when reading.

Last edited by TechniSol; 10-22-2012 at 12:14 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote