View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #1228
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Google Nexus 7

I've got mine a few days earlier than expected.
I'm weeks behind the guys in the US, so only very briefly:
As expected, it's no revolution.
It's nice and stylish, about Samsung quality I'd say.
I slightly prefer the design of Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition.
BUT: Xoom 2 ME was € 550, when I bought it only months ago. Google Nexus 7 is less than half. In Germany we use the phrase "Preis/Leistung". In English this means "Price/Performance ratio" or something like that. This certainly is phantastic for Nexus 7.
I easily can imagine, that Google makes a loss on the hardware. Obviously puts a lot of pressure on sole hardware manufacturers such as Motorola, Sony or Samsung. I guess, eventually Amazon and Google will muscle out most of the other Android manufacturers...

Why did I go for it?
Motorola Xoom 2 ME in Germany didn't even receive the ICS update yet.
I'm not interested in Googling and flashing and stuff anymore. I don't want to spend any time with such experiments anymore.
Google Nexus 7 obviously comes with Jellybean already. And you can expect frequent updates for the Google-owned device, I guess.
I really don't understand, how corporates such as Motorola or Nokia, and to some extent even Samsung or Sony, can be that lazy, slow and negligent of customer's demands...

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote