View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #188
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkinea View Post
I wrote a simple to use software to convert LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) to ePUB and Kindle (mobi). I'd love some feedback. <snip>
Hi Alki,

I tried this utility, and it seems to work well, though I have only tried it in epub so far and opened in Calibre.

My original test file had indented paragraphs, and Alkinea added to the indent dramatically, taking what was a 1cm indent and increasing it about threefold. I thought I'd slip in a drop cap on the first two characters of the opening paragraph - an indented quote ("Solace Conlon murdered..."), which is a reasonably hard task, and Alkinea pushed the "olace" a fair way to the right, about 12 characters.

When I have time, I shall read through your help files so I can use the application a bit better, and let you know how I went.

The application doesn't seem to offer quite as much as the plugin for LibreOffice "writer2epub". In LO, my indents were retained, although it too, had a bit of an issue with the drop cap, though not so much as Alkinea.

Still, it is a neat little application and stand alone: the LO plugin has taken charge of one of my toolbars, inserting its icons in there.

Many thanks for giving us access to it. I would not have known of it otherwise.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote