View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #90
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Sorry it didn't meet with your approval. But I stand by the analogy. It costs a restaurant less than buying the same volume canned or bottled, so they should be willing to pass those savings on to their clientele, right? But they don't and people still pay for it (willing is willing, whether they're happy about it or not)--huge markup and all. It furthers the notion that what something costs to produce isn't the end-all, be-all criteria for how it gets priced for the consumer.
No need for an apology. I can see what youre saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
I am just looking at my Logic textbook now and wondering how soon I can get to a decent scanner and get some of it on my laptop! I have no moral outrage at doing this - the book is huge and is not available in ebook format. Why should I further wreck my my already weak and damaged shoulder lugging it around? But I would have paid a few dollars more to get a digital copy to go with the textbook ((just to cover the CD cost and packaging). A tiered pricing structure would help here - one price for a p book, slightly more for p and e book combined, a lot less for only ebook (especially if it is DRM'd) .
Why the heck arent most college textbooks ebooks? Oh, thats right, too busy ripping off students with new editions every year. Im sure that has nothing to do with it, that just annoys me to no end.