View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
The only issue I know of is in the concept itself. Amber/orange color? Meh. Colors reduce contrast. Give me a device that has the warm white color of a trade paperback. At night, I can dial down the brightness and it's plenty comfortable... But no thanks to the orange!
I'm curious: Have you actually used a reader with the color changing light for any amount of time (longer than playing with one as a display in a store)?

I ask because I was in the same boat as you, until I got the Glowlight 3 and used it to read in a completely darkened room. A reader can get by with the whiteness of a screen, though the amber glow is more pleasant. For others in the room, the less harsh amber glow is very nice.

Edit: I just read up the thread. I'm repeating myself!

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-30-2018 at 09:59 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote