View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Did you choose the pedo book specifically to skew the results? Amazon's ebook burning didn't stop at the pedo book, and it is unlikely to stop at gay erotica either. A better poll question would be should Amazon bend to outside pressure and remove selected books that a small minority find objectionable. Very few books will not be objectionable to someone. I've even seen people complaining about Scooby Doo.
Yes, I chose it because it presents the choice clearly - censorship or 1st amendment. Of course Amazon can do what it wants for its business, and it isn't the government, so there is no 1st amendment argument. I just wondered, if given the choice between censorship or 1st amendment, which would you choose? It is like the parents who object to violence or sex on television - do you want someone acting as Big Brother, and saving you from this, or do you want to make the choice yourself? The Pedophile book is good, because if you decide you don't want someone telling you what you can read, then you have to tolerate the pedophile book being for sale.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote