View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
In the beginning was the pdf ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
PDFs have been in iTunes for at least 1 year.
Thank you for the information. I always had a suspicion that Apple puts it junior programmers on apps such as iTunes. They have had months to clean up the Folder mess, and now, one day before the launch of the iPad (the greatest development since Moses carved the 10 commandments on a tablet), Apple still can't figure out where to put the words. All the early reviewers seem to have declared victory when they could get an epub document from iTunes into the iPad. But what about pdf, the most ubiquitous document format next to html and text? If you drop a pdf document to the top leftmost folder in iTunes 9.1 for windows, the program puts it into an album with Unknown artist. Great. You cannot drag this anywhere into your iPod touch device. (Apple disabled "Enable disk use" on the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad). You seem to need a third party program, or methodology, which you can find by googling with the string:

"ipod touch" save pdf files

Boy, I'm going to have a lot of fun ftp'ing to my new iPad on Monday. Some of my pdfs are over 10 MB! Emailing yourself an attachment is not an option. Since there is no perfect PDF to EPUB converter, the new iPad user community has to start getting creative.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote