View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
maeludir
maeludir began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I love the idea of faster page turns and less lag but what would really convince me it's worth upgrading is finding out if the 600 can handle large collections on the device, like over 1500 individual titles? Does it take over 30 minutes to reboot the device? How long does it take after unplugging for the main screen to come back on? With my 505 it sometimes takes over 20 minutes after adding just 2 ebooks. And god help me if it crashes and it reboots.

If the 600 can address those problems then for me it's worth the upgrade.

that and if they can get epub to look nice on the device as well (mostly by removing the page numbers from the side margins and fix the justification issue)
I've heard it's twice as fast, but still rather slow, for handling large ~1000 collections (15 minutes, as opposed to the 30 on a 505).

Personally I've never had that problem with either. I only add what I read, as it were, and even reading three books a week for a year that's barely half the internal storage.

I think what we need is a program, PC side, that converts any eBook file to a properly formatted PDF. That way we can make full use of annotations, zoom etc.
maeludir is offline   Reply With Quote