View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Attention: All eBookwise 1150 newbies!

EDIT: 26 Sep 2011 All links referred to by 'www.ebooktechnologies.com' can be replaced with 'www.ebooksystem.net' to view webpages that existed previous to eBook Technologies being acquired by Google.

If you have registered your eBookwise and perhaps already downloaded some commercial ebooks through www.ebookwise.com, www.fictionwise.com or www.filamentbooks.com/, then there is a world of freely-available .imp ebooks awaiting you here ...

And welcome to MobileRead.com (the .IMP way!)

General/Hardware DeviceIMP software wiki
If you are just getting started, then check all the programs that handle/manipulate/convert the .imp format in our wiki i.e. IMP software

There are several ways to transfer .imp ebooks to the reader and most are listed in our Poll on the subject entitled: How do you get new content onto your eBookwise 1150 / REB 1200?
eBook Publisher
eBook Publisher from ETI (windows and mac) creates .imp ebooks but doesn't transfer them to the reader. The software also includes a .imp viewer (perfectly previews .imp ebooks on the computer) and Bulk Convert program (to convert many .doc/.rtf/.ppt/.oebff to .imp/.oebff)

Also available from ETI, is RB2Project that converts Rocket/REB1100 .rb ebooks to .imp/.oebff ebooks.
Impserve/Lit2b/Mobi2IMP/PDFRead
Be sure to install Impserve which primarily transfers .imp's to the reader and can be found here along with my impserve plugins and mini-tutorial. You may want to refer to the post, Easy setup instructions for converting certain files to .imp, about getting the secondary programs (Lit2sb, Mobi2IMP and PDFRead) quickly installed.
eBookwise/GEB Librarian

EDIT: Oct. 2010 - this software is no longer available for sale either by breeno.org or www.ebookwise.com. In it's place ETI has introduced http://my.ebooksystem.net/, a supplement to their Personal Content Server that can now deliver .imp ebooks directly to your Online Library for later download to your device from your computer. Thanks to lvd4 for this tip!

Getting .IMP ebooks onto the reader
Have a look at our eBookwise Poll on this predicament . There are now many ways to accomplish this, namely:A good summary of these transfer methods can be found in this post How to get me converted books to my reader!!]
THE END

This will be a FAQ of sorts and will be updated to add member contributions and that future wiki link!

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote