View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJim View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I strongly recommend you use Calibre to manage your library. I added a custom column to mark the books I have read. Or, if you don't rate your books, you can use the existing star rating column to indicate whether the book is read, soon to be read, etc.

I don't like to sort through a lot of books on my NST to decide what to read next, so I seldom have more than 30 books on it at any given time. I delete each book from the reader when I'm finished - using Calibre - and then side load a new book. It works for me.

Enjoy your Nook,
Yes use calibre, get to know Apprentice Alf, and sideload everything. Get a micro sd card and load all your books on it. shelves

I use calibre to make a catalog of the books on my Nook, load the catalog on the nook, then I look through the catalog to find a book to read, then use the search fuction on the nook to find the book. With over 1000 ebooks on the nook that is the only way to find books easily. Shelving is not a good option if your keep a lot of books on the nook.

The lack of being able to organize your libary is the one weakness of the nook.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 12-02-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spellling
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote