View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Jane12
Groupie
Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jane12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane12 View Post
Is there ever a situation where Calibre produces better results than Kindlegen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It depends what you mean by "better".

"Better" meaning more compliant with the Kindle/Mobipocket "standard"? No, because Amazon define the standard and don't publish it.

"Better" meaning more closely matching the formatting of the original epub? Yes, sometimes.
I'm more concerned about compliance with Kindle standard -- i.e., creating Kindle ebooks that will not cause a Kindle device/app to balk.

But it's interesting that Calibre can sometimes do a better job of matching formatting of the original epub. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Last edited by Jane12; 10-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Jane12 is offline   Reply With Quote