View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #1849
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Most of us come from Dullborough who come from a country town. As I left Dullborough in the days when there were no railroads in the land, I left it in a stage-coach. Through all the years that have since passed, have I ever lost the smell of the damp straw in which I was packed - like game - and forwarded, carriage paid, to the Cross Keys, Wood-street, Cheapside, London? There was no other passenger, and I consumed by sandwiches in solitude and dreariness, and it rained hard all the way, and I thought life sloppier than I had expected to find it.

-- Charles Dickens, The Uncommercial Traveller (1859).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote