View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can apparently still get it, but doing so requires some hassle. You sign up for the free trial of dyndns pro, create one dynamic dns entry, then cancel the free trial. You are permitted to keep the one entry, as long as it is updated at least once per month.

My guess is that they are hoping people forget and will pay the $20/year, or perhaps the "advanced features" and elimination of the 30-day rule is considered worth it.
$20 is still lots cheaper than the $5 per month my ISP wants (plus "setup fee" ) . I pay more per month than the new subscribers and I had to purchase my DSL Modem without a multi-year contract, way back then) . They have me where they want with my email linked to all my contacts )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote