View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi webfolk, Here's an interim reply...

The reason mine worked and yours doesn't is that you will notice that I had far fewer <h1>, <h2> and <h3> tags in my sample doc than you do. I only placed one <h1>...</h1> para at the start of each Part and one <h2>...</h2> para at the start of each Chapter and one <h3>...</h3> para at the start of each Section. These "headings" are never displayed in the EPUB body text because the ExtraCSS I detailed (h1, h2, h3 {display:none}) makes them "invisible". However the TOC will see them and uses the labels correctly.

I actually styled the 4 lines of each "visible" Section heading as 'Heading 4' (i.e. <h4>) and these are not used in the TOC and not referenced in the Calibre conversion.

I can see that you may want each of the 4 lines to be styled slightly differently so I'll have a think about how you can achieve what you want with as few changes to your HTML as possible.

P.S. Another tip, when you save your Word doc as HTML try using the option SaveAs WebPage-filtered. You will get less 'MS excess baggage' in the resulting HTML file.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote