View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by objectman View Post
Looking forward to it thanks Sameer. I love my Kobo, but I guess it was rushed out to compete with all the Kindles and iPads. I kunderstand that it's much cheaper to test with a live audience than a company Let us know when!
Thanks objectman, will do. One thing though:

Production software is never meant as a test on live audiences.

If we have a beta, we ensure that it is clearly communicated that this is the case. The Kobo eReader software + firmware upgrade issues fell in two classes:

1. Thousands of people using the device on a daily basis found issues that we didn't, doing things we didn't think of, trying ePubs we never would have tried, etc.

2. There were some issues that we could not fix in time to hit our mass production date and some sensitive retail deadlines (Mother's Day in this case), and we decided to ship with them, based on providing an update asap following the launch which fixed the issues.

We will never knowingly release untested software unless in the case of a beta, in which case we will clearly communicate it

It's not ideal and we're trying to get better at both kinds of issues.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote