View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Joseph Mitchell
Enthusiast
Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Mitchell writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PC, other
Shard Mountain - a post-apocalypse fantasy

Greetings, mobilereaders! I've written a novel that I think would appeal to many of you tech-gizmo junkies, since high-tech gizmos are a big part of my story, and it's main protagonist would probably be a big fan of this website. Here's what it's about:

Shard Mountain by Joseph Mitchell - Sci-fi / Fantasy

Charles Rogers, a young computer geek, thought he was going to prison, but an unexpected bus accident changes his life forever. He wakes up more than five-hundred years later in a dark metal tomb, where an artificially intelligent hologram informs him that he's now the property of the Synaptech corporation, and that technically, he's no longer a human being.

This begins Charles' quest to discover what happened to him during his long sleep, as he learns to cope with life in a new world. The ancient cities lie in ruins, destroyed by a cataclysmic war while he slept. Civilization is in the process of rebuilding, but life in general has reverted to a more primitive state, similar to life on the frontier in the old west. Charles will need to learn to survive in a world where mutations are common among people and animals, and pieces of fantastic ancient technology lie buried in the ruins, waiting to be reclaimed.

Can Charles adapt to his new life in the future, disconnected from everything and everyone he ever knew? And what about the hologram's warning, that he won't be able to survive for very long away from his sleep pod? Should he believe it, or trust his gut feeling that he's still the same person he always was?

It's been getting some pretty good reviews on amazon that I won't bother to reprint, but you can read them all here if you are interested.

The book is now available for most digital readers from Smashwords, also available for the Kindle, iPad, and dead trees paperback editions.

You can read more about the book at my website, shardmountain.com, where I also posted a gallery of images related to the book.

So, that's my shameless sales pitch. I hope you all will like the book, and invite you to check out the free previews available at smashwords and from my website, shardmountain.com
Joseph Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote