View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #74
incumbent
Opinionator
incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / iPad Mini Retina • iBooks (macOS, iOS) & Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
My best guess is that Apple have changed the comms protocol again, so that the libimobiledevice library used by the plugin can no longer connect to idevices on IOS 8.3. I suggest you consider downgrading to IOS 8.2. as a fix might not be forthcoming. Please see the IOSRA plugin thread for more details.
You're 100% correct. The change in communication protocol(s) was implemented in the first developer release of iOS 8.3 a few months ago — all software that relies on this code to function (i.e. anything that lets you attach and browse a device via fuse or other methods to effectively mount containers on your device as a filesystem) will not work as expected on a device with 8.3.
incumbent is offline   Reply With Quote