View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #68
incumbent
Opinionator
incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.incumbent ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / iPad Mini Retina • iBooks (macOS, iOS) & Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelmano View Post
How can I best preserve the annotations I already have in Marvin, wile implementing the metadata I have cleaned up in Calibre?
Send the annotations out from Marvin's export to an .mrv file (xml) and then open it again later. This will only work if the id of the book stays the same.

Marvin exceeds the capabilities of calibre or plugins in this regard. Annotations and highlights are trapped in Calibre in the sense that while they can be exported they cannot be exported from calibre and associated with a book you are reading again.

I usually do this by emailing the mrv export to my Evernote email address so I can easily import it back in on the same device. It's clunky and awkward to round trip the same file, but this is the lowest friction I could attain.
incumbent is offline   Reply With Quote