View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #67
raquelmano
raquelmano began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Sony Reader
Marvin XD missing books and crashes Calibre

Hi,
I spent some time looking at options and deciding to reorganize all my eBooks into calibre and use Marvin as my primary reader. The reading experience is great, and my wife and I have have been using it happily for several weeks.

Just a few days ago, I finally got all my ebooks into calibre with the metadata the way that I want it (that is what it is for, right?). This may have been putting the cart before the horse, but we wanted to start reading with Marvin while I worked on the bigger, whole library project of Calibre.

When I was first testing Marvin XD a few weeks ago, it would recognize books in my Marvin Library and match them properly with my calibre library. I could apply changes to metadata two and from Marvin from my computer, but none of that works now.

Now, I click Marvin XD and it only lists 5 of the 11 books in my Marvin Library. Also, none of them are colored, indicating they aren't in my Calibre Library, which some of them certainly are.

I've tried manually fiddling with the metadata to make sure it matches between Calibre and Marvin, but it doesn't seem to affect Marvin XD's "Explore . . ." button. They still don't match.

But when I look at the Marvin device library contents in Calibre, it shows all twelve books, but the check marks only indicate that some of them (8 of 11) are "In Library". It seems strange that the Device Library is able to see more matches than Marvin XD.

Anyway, here is briefly what I have and what I have done to trouble shoot:

OSX 10.10.2
Calibre 2.22.0
iOS reader applications plugin 1.4.6.0.0
Marvin XD plugin 1.2.4

iphone 5
iOS 8.2
Marvin 2.8.1

Wifi syncing is disabled in itunes
Syncing does not start automatically
I have unpdated Calibre. I uninstalled both plugins and re-installed them.

I have already reset the cache in iOS reader application (that helped some), but when I open the Marvin XD "customize plugin" dialogue, Calibre crashes (This just started happening, but its happened every time. I have attached a problem report. its rather long, so I didn't want to paste it in.)

I could just delete all the books in Marvin and start again, but my wife has done a lot of annotations, and she has a lot more books than I do. The main thing that sold me in Marvin was the ability to work with Calibre, back up annotations, reimport them, and even merge them (so far this works well, unless I delete the book and try to reinstall from calibre).

Why don't more books show up in my Marvin XD Explore Library feature?
Why can't I match them or sync meta data?
How can I best preserve the annotations I already have in Marvin, wile implementing the metadata I have cleaned up in Calibre?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 11.09.38 PM.png
Views:	515
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	136268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 10.22.27 PM.png
Views:	451
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	136269  
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Problem report for Calibre.rtf (163.6 KB, 345 views)
raquelmano is offline   Reply With Quote