Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #46
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Columns in CSS....

I think I'm going to hang myself. If there's one thing that's hard to do in CSS, it's columns. Yeah, it can be done with tricks, but you often need(ed) different tricks for different browsers.
We no make columns. Customer want columns, customer can a) change mind, b) decide to do whatever it is in image, or c) decide that my harangue about single-columns is the right thing to do, or d) for smaller items, use a table. In ebooks, columns are just...a big NO. This is a constant discussion about indices, which have other issues, as well (how does someone with 3 entries in the index that reference, say, Winston Churchill, make sure that they get to and from the RIGHT index item?) Nope, nich, nein, nyet.

Quote:
Being a coder, I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise, to be honest. "Could you please change <insert one little detail here>" can sometimes take a lot of work, no matter how modular and perfectly the application is designed.
No, of course not. Hell, I have to make wee alterations to my simple website all the time, and it's never just..one thing. It's ten things or whatever. Either we all put our heads together, and figure this out for Sigil, or I can pretty much guarantee that this will be The End. I don't see why we think that more people are going to come along and contribute to Sigil that aren't here already. Doesn't that make sense? That if they were interested in ePUBs, they would have already found us, here in our wee niche of the Netverse? Don't mean to be Dora Doom, but I think finding user_none was a miracle in the first place, and has worked out to be such. Sigil is tres fabulous now, and it would be nice if it could stay that way.

Again: just my $.02.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote