View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When you have a book with a lot of endnotes, it's very common to have headings in the endnotes indicating which chapter of the book those notes refer to.

Eg,

Chapter 1

Note 1
Note 2
Note 3

Chapter 2

Note 1

Etc.

It makes it a lot easier to find your way around if you're browsing through the notes. Very common in the "Penguin Classics" series, for example, which typically has many notes in each chapter.
Maybe I'm having one of my notorious, "Hitch is being thick" moments, but I can't say I've ever seen heading or chapter text in the footnotes pop-ups, and we have scads of clients that use those dividers/distinctions in the endnotes. I'll have to invest some time to look at it, but...no, don't think I've ever seen simple text outside of the link returned IN the link pop-up.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote